My President going beyound repairs??

Has President Jammeh really called the Opposition DOGs ? President Sall be
warned! -

By Fakebba J Samateh




With the Senegalese presidential elections over and the Gambian parliamentary elections slated for Thursday 29th
March, What next is the major question many are asking? I feel the answer should come from whoever has a different
view from what is being written and said so far or probably even if similar but broader.

As a young man heading to my thirties, I foresee a Gambia heading towards disaster with a Head of State getting
paranoid day by day. His recent remarks calling the opposition and independents dogs is a statement too far but not
surprising at all. Yahya Jammeh hates Gambians who differ with his opinion and that should not be any out of the blue
statement for anyone who has been following this man from afar with a close look. Now ask yourselves, how has a man
who calls himself a champion standing up for the Blackman in general against what he Yahya Jammeh called imperialist
meddling into African affairs, calling the people he is believed to serve as dogs. For him calling those he rule as dogs is
way way beyond comprehension but not imaginations. But my wise old granddad, if alive today would ask what I am
about to ask which is how, has Yahya Jammeh become ruler of dogs? Can he speak the dog language? Because I am
sure Yahya Jammeh knew more than I do that out of those over one hundred thousand Gambian voters who rejected
him at past elections, there must be some soldiers, police, custom officials who work with him and some very closely.
Now how can he communicate with dog police, dog soldiers, dog custom officials and dog doctors? He must surely be
able to speak the same language. I do not think opposition need to be angry with comments like such from a man who
cries out loud to have been the president of the entire Gambia .

I sometimes laugh when I see Gambians scrambling over biscuits while this animal of a man laughs
throwing more. We are all equally responsible for whatever language Yahya Jammeh uses against us today
for we made him what he is and most of us are still ready to make him ever more super human. What more do
we expect for us Gambians to realise that very soon if you are opposing Yahya Jammeh, you would not get medical
attention in the Gambia? Has every Gambian gone blind that we have made once a quiet man into a shark? We have
not yet seen the whole Yahya Jammeh and by the time he is ready, Gambians would one by one be asking themselves
hey wait on! Where is our Gambia ?

Now my advice goes to President Elect of the republic of Senegal H.E. Macky Sall
I read that the Senegalese president elect H.E. Macky Sall is expected to make his first official trip to the Gambia and
Guinea Bissau according to the Gambian pro Government Daily Observer News Paper dated on 28th march 2012. But I
belief as a young man observing my President whom I think is going beyond repairs, I have a word of caution for H.E
President Macky Sall.

Please if you want to be remembered in Senegalese history as a successful President and gain respect just like two of
your former predecessors (Sadat Senghor and Abdu Joof), then keep ten thousand feet away from Yahya Jammeh. You
might have more political, ethical, moral and even academic credentilas, know far more than I do for I am a very young
man probably like a son to you Your Excellency Macky Sall, I know Yahya Jammeh more than you just likewise. This if
you deny then you are in denial of the truth. That’s my advice Sir and I wish you all the luck in finding a solution to your
nation’s southern region crisis. Casamance is close to where I come from in the Gambia and therefore peace there is
safer for me and more profitable to my people and the people of your nation’s part of that region for we are so
interrelated there that this mad war has affected us both more than even you Mr President.

I know Yahya Jammeh came to power when this problem of Casamance was already there but he has escalated it by
siding with one of the criminal Salif Sarjo who is also a factional rebel leader based in his hometown of Kanilai. If Yahya
Jammeh is interested in resolving the Casamance crisis, President Macky, you would have met it resolved and would
have no need to make it a campaign pledge. Your predecessor Abdoulaye Wade made the same mistake like you are
about to make thinking that Yahya Jammeh is part of the solution but he has tried and failed and still your soldiers are
dying in Casamance. Ask your top military commanders in the region and they would tell you what you need to do sir. A
word of caution is enough for the wise. I salute you Monsieur le President.

Now on the Gambian front, our political land scape is heading for the worst when even the IEC seems to become clearer
to all that it is an arm of the APRC Machine. Our IEC Chairman said to journalist the he had got his employment letter
from the president and he is to serve until 2018. Waau! Indeed an appointment letter. In my view that letter was a thank
you letter not an appointment letter.

1 comment:

Bamba Mass said...

Fakebba we thank you so much for your view. You might be young but you are a real tiger and I salute you. Keep it up for being a true patriot is to stand up for what you belief in and that is saying it when you see it.

Popular Posts